Commercial and Economist State Counselor
- Economic and Commercial Counsellor of the Embassy of Spain in:
- Cairo (1984-87)
- Beijing (1987-89)
- Ottawa (2003-2008)
- The Hague (2011-2015)
- In 1998, Enrique Fanjul was appointed Economic Consultant of the Tianjin Municipal Government (China).
- Representative of Spain in the Board of Governors of the Asia Europe Foundation (ASEF) in the period 1997-1998.
- Representative of Spain in the Board of Governors of the Common Fund for Commodities (2011-2015).
- Managing director of Técnicas Reunidas Internacional (a major engineering and consultancy company) (1989-1998).
- Managing director of ACE Cooperación y Proyectos (a company specialized in international financial institution projects) (1998-2003).
- Chairman of the Spain-China Business Council (1993-2001). This organisation was sponsored by the High Council of Chambers of Commerce and by the Spanish Institute for Foreign Trade (a State organisation that depends on the Ministry of Trade).
- Member of the Academic Council of Elcano Royal Institute (2014-).
- Member of the editorial board of the journals Política Exterior, Economía Exterior (1998-).
- Chairman of the Editorial Board of Iberglobal (Iberglobal is the 1st private website in Spanish about international business and trade) (2001-).
- Co-director of the Campus on International Trade and Economy-Autonomous University of Madrid (2010-).
- Professor of the Master on International Relations of Universidad San Pablo-CEU (Madrid) (2010-).Director of the Spanish Center for International Relations (Centro Español de Relaciones Internacionales-Fundación Ortega y Gasset) (2000-2002).