Estructura Económica Internacional y Políticas de Cooperación
Técnico Comercial y Economista del Estado
Profesor de Economía Aplicada
PART I. Globalization and International Business
1- The internationalization process of firms
Concept and stages of the internationalization process. The reasons for internationalization. Obstacles. Requirements for a successful internationalization.
2- Stages in the process of internationalization of firms
International Investments. Determinants of foreign direct investments. New trends in the internationalization process: reshoring, near-shoring, etc.
3- International competitiveness and changes in the world economy
From globalization to multipolarity. Implications of the rise of emerging economies. The shift of economic power to the East: the rise of Asia. The case of China: The Beijing Consensus. Analyzing the competitivenes of countries.
4- Internationalization policies
Overview of internationalization policies. Commercial diplomacy: concept, instruments, trends. Controversies on aid development policies and the role of business.
5- Financing of international operations
Overview of international operations financing. Export credits. Concessional financing.PPP (Public-Private Partenerships), Project Finance, etc. Export credit insurance. Debt conversion programs.
6- Tools for internationalization
Key capabilities for international work. Communication tools. Sources of information. The role of social networks.
7- International and cross-cultural negotiation and communication
Key elements of international business negotiation. The concept of cultural intelligence. The impact of cultural barriers on international activity. Key cultural dimensions. Recommendations for cross-cultural negotiation.
8- International economic organizations: the multilateral market
The multilateral market: key concepts. Overview of the main international economic organizations. Procedures in the multilateral market. Working in international organizations.
PART II. International Development Cooperation
- Introduction to International Development Cooperation (IDC): Linkages between IDC and International Relations concepts and theories, historical background, evolution, and key concepts of IDC.
- Actors, Institutions and International Norms related to IDC: developing countries, donors, international organizations, civil society, private sector; OECD/DAC, UN, World Bank; DAC principles, UN resolutions, UNCTAD and G-77; etc.
- The international development agenda: Aid and development effectiveness; Millenium Development Goals; Finance for Development.
- Overview of International Donor Institutions: European Commission; selection of bilateral donors; World Bank, UN agencies.
- South-South and Triangular Cooperation: Origins, evolution, overview of main actors and processes.
- Situation and Perspectives of IDC: Aid in crisis; an increasingly complex and crowded agenda.