Senior Researcher at Carnegie Europe
- Degree in Political and Social Sciences from the University of Cambridge
- Master of Arts in International Studies, University of Warwick
- PhD from the University of Warwick
- Associate Professor at the University of Warwick
- Research areas focus on: democratisation and democracy promotion | European foreign policy | energy security and the Middle East regions | North Africa
- Director of FRIDE until June 2013
- Positions in the United Kingdom's Foreign Office
- Senior Fellow at the Transatlantic Academy in Washington
- YOUNGS, R. (2019). Civic Activism Unleashed: new hope or false dawn for democracy?. Oxford University Press.
- YOUNGS, R. (2017). Europe reset: new directions for the EU. I.B. Tauris.
- YOUNGS, R. (2017). Europe's Eastern Crisis: the geopolitics of asymmetry. Cambridge University Press.
- YOUNGS, R. (2014). Climate change and European security. Routledge.