AwarEU - European Awareness
AwarEU - European Awareness is a project financed within the Call Social Inclusion through Education, Training and Youth of the Key Action 3 Initiatives for Policy Innovation of Erasmus Plus. The project will start in December 2016 and will be concluded by December 2018.
- WEDNESDAY 14 JUNE 2017 - Albert Halls in Stirling - Albert Place, Dumbarton Rd - European Awareness Day;
- TUESDAY 25 APRIL 2017 - Teatro de la Luz Philips Gran Vía - Calle Gran Vía, 66, Madrid - European Awareness Day;
- WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 22, 2017 - Teatro Olimpico in Roma - Piazza Gentile da Fabriano 17 - European Awareness Day;
- TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14, 2017 - Teatro Tivoli in Lisbon - Avenida da Liberdade 182-88 - European Awarness Day.
The project will upscale and upgrade the European Communication format of the European Awareness Day (EAD) developed by CesUE. The communicative logic of the (EAD), which includes a Musical Recital on the EU, will be used to develop a course on EU history for students offered on a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
The VLE will also host specific courses for teachers and journalists, and a short basic course for the general public to help people understand the EU. The VLE will also host a Blog, Newsletter and other interactive features to accompany the project participants and keep them updated on EU issues.
The partnership, led by CesUE, is composed by:
- CesUE (Italy);
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa e dal Ministério dos Negócios Estrangeiros – Centro de Informação e Documentação Jacques Delors (Portugal);
- Universidad CEU San Pablo di Madrid (Spain);
- Jacques Delors Institute di Parigi (France);
- University of Stirling (Stirling, Scotland – UK);
- University of Aston (Birmingham, UK)
AwarEU counts on a vast number of Associated Partners that will help disseminate the project, including the Italian Presidency of the Council of Ministers, the Italian Ministry of Education, the European Broadcasting Union, the Italian Order of Journalists and many NGOs, schools and relevant stake-holders in the various countries involved.
The Project is open to further adhesions and cooperation.