UNIVERSITY MASTER IN EUROPEAN UNION
Best programme in Spain specialized in Europea Union by El Mundo ranking!
The University Master in European Union is a programme:
- Official (Official Postgraduate. RD 1393/2007, of 29 October)
- Academic with professional orientation
- Preferential access to the Doctorate in European Studies
Besides, the El Mundo ranking (15/06/2016) define it as:
- Best programme in Spain specialized in the European Union
- In the 4 best programs of International Studies
WHY STUDY A UNIVERSITY MASTER IN EUROPEAN UNION?
The University Master in European Union is an official postgraduate programme organized by the Royal University Institute for European Studies within the University CEU San Pablo. This research centre is chaired by Marcelino Oreja Aguirre and specializes in European Integration and International Relations Studies. The program is offered in cooperation with the Ortega Gasset University Institute, Complutense University of Madrid.
There are specific reasons that make this Master occupy a prominent place in the field of European studies at the international level:
Provides specific training in areas that analyze European integration from a multidisciplinary perspective: historical, political, economic, legal and social.
Current importance of the topic: the European Union project is a success story. Never before has any international organization achieved such a profound and strong level of integration so deep and strong. Today, the European Union's competences cover a wide range of areas and their actions affect many different aspects of our daily and professional lives eg: freedom of movement, energy, monetary policy, the environment, trade policy and development assistance. Institutions, organizations and European agencies, as well as national, regional and local administrations, together with public and private companies, all need experts in the different European policy fields in order to ensure the successful operation of their organization.
Extent of the program: the variety of subjects and their contents allow participants to gain specialized knowledge of the European world reality.
Excellence of academic staff, in their dual roles as reputed professionals and researchers. Apart from being prominent academics in EU matters, the academic board includes practitioners with a highly recognized experience in the EU Commission, Parliament, and Court of Justice as well as many other EU and Spanish institutions (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Defense, Constitutional Court…). Others come from multinational companies, political and economic consultancies, research centres, mass media and think tanks working on EU matters.
Internships: Internships are not compulsory to complete this course. However, it is possible to obtain internships through our internships agreements signed up with several institutions and firms.
Preferential access to the PhD Programme (European Studies).
WHY IN THE ROYAL UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE FOR EUROPEAN STUDIES?
- Because the Institute is a research and academic centre that has been awarded the “European Excellence” and nominated as a Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence by the European Commission.
- Because of its international students and academic staff coming from some 25 different countries.
- Because it is one of the main research centres of International and European Integration studies in Europe, developing a wide range of research projects under the auspices of the European Commission and the European Parliament.
- Because of its collaboration agreements and partnerships with prestigious universities and
academic institutions such as Harvard, Georgetown, Humboldt, l’Université Libre de Bruxelles, European University Institute of Florence ...