LUIS NORBERTO GONZÁLEZ ALONSO
Professor of International Public Law and International Relations at the University of Salamanca
- Graduate in Law from the University of Salamanca
- Diploma in Advanced European Studies (Master in Law) at the College of Europe in Bruges (Belgium)
- PhD in Law from the University of Salamanca
- Director of its European Documentation Centre-Europe Direct
- Secretary General of the Spanish Federal Council of the European Movement (November 2018-present)
- Executive Director of the Revista General de Derecho Europeo (Madrid, IUSTEL) since 2012
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of European Community Law (Madrid, Centro de Estudios Políticos y constitucionales)
- Board of Directors of the Spanish Association of Professors of International Law and International Relations (2003- 2007)
- Director of the Master in EU Studies, Director of the Cooperation Office of the University of Salamanca (2007-2010) and member of the Development Cooperation Council of Castilla y León for almost a decade.
- To date, he has been awarded four six-year research fellowships; he has also directed four research projects within the framework of the National R&D&I Plan, all of them related to the EU's external action.
- Participation in twelve other projects financed in competitive calls for proposals by the central and regional governments, private institutions -such as the BBVA Foundation- or the European Commission
- Research stays and guest lectures at numerous national (some twenty Spanish universities) and foreign centres, including: the European Commission in Brussels; the Institut d'Etudes Politiques (Grenoble, France), the Centre for the Study of International Governance (Loughborough University, UK); the Hungarian Judicial Council (Training Programme for Judges in EU Law, Visegrad); the National Autonomous University of Nicaragua in León and the University of Managua, both in Nicaragua; the National University of Colombia (Bogotá); the Catholic University of the North (Chile)